Introduction and Scope of Services
Information We Collect
When you interact with our Website or our Application, we may collect the following pieces of personal information about you:
- When you sign up to receive newsletters from us, or contact us about our reviews, we may collect identifiers, such as name and email address. You do not have to provide this information to use our Services, but we may need it in order to provide you with specific services. For example, you would need to provide your email address so we can send you the BestinFocus newsletter.
- We also automatically collect internet and device information when you browse our Website or use our Application. This information may include, but is not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), access times, referring websites, exit pages, and click activity.
- We collect general location information such as city and state/county through IP addresses.
- We may collect information from third parties, like Amazon, when for instance, you click on a link on the Services that takes you to Amazon’s website.
Cookies and Other Technologies
You can disable cookies in your web browser so that cookies are not set without your permission. Note that disabling cookies may limit the features and services available to you. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
How We Use the Information We Collect from you
We use the information that we collect about you in a number of ways.
- To provide, maintain, and improve our Services.
- To communicate with you about our Services at your request, such as to provide you with customer support and to respond to your inquiries.
- To personalise your experience on our Services, including through advertising, and to provide you information about our Services and particular offers that you may be interested in.
- To secure our Services and its users, for example by monitoring, preventing, and detecting fraud, and combating malware or security risks.
How We Share the Information We Collect from You
We may disclose the information we collect from you with third parties for business purposes (as defined by applicable law) or as required by applicable law as described in this section.
We share your information with the following entities:
- Our service providers that perform services on our behalf.
- Our affiliates. We may share information we collect within our family of companies to deliver products and services to you and to enhance our products, services, and customer experience.
- Third party merchants. When you click on one of our product reviews to make a purchase, some internet and device information is sent to the third party seller to let them know that you came from our site where it is necessary to fulfil the transaction (i.e. get paid) for referring you there.
- Third parties for legal purposes. We may disclose information that we collect and maintain about you if we are required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our users, the public, or other third parties.
- Sale of all or part of our business. We may disclose information in connection with a corporate transaction, including for example a merger, investment, acquisition, reorganisation, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, or sale of some or all our assets or due diligence in contemplation of a transaction.
- Third-party online advertisers and ad networks. Our services may disclose information to third party advertising networks to allow for the delivery of advertising on other websites you visit and other applications you use.
Interest-Based Advertising Services
Third parties, including without limitation those whose products or services are accessible or advertised via the Services, may place cookies or other tracking technologies (such as mobile ‘SDKs,’ which function as a mobile version of a browser cookie and are embedded in mobile applications) on your computer browser, mobile phone applications, or other devices to collect information about your use of the Services in order to (i) inform, optimise, and serve ads based on past visits to our websites and other sites and mobile applications and (ii) report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our websites and use of our Services. We also allow other third parties to serve interest-based ads to you on the Services, and to access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other devices you use to access the Services so that interest-based ads may be delivered to you when you are using other websites and mobile applications.
The third parties that use these technologies may offer you a way to opt-out of interest-based ad targeting as described below. We do not maintain or control these opt-opt mechanisms, which are provided by non-affiliated third parties. Further, we do not control which third parties choose to participate in these opt-out mechanisms.
If you have a Google account, we may use Google Analytics to display advertising to you. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customise Google display network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings Support page. You will need to log in to Google via the Sign In link if you are not already logged in when you visit that page.
Please note that opting out of interest-based advertising does not mean that you will no longer see advertising on the Services, but these ads may be less relevant to your interests.
Protecting Your Information and Data
Choices About Your Personal Information
Marketing Emails and Newsletters
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter or other emails from us about our Services that you may be interested in, you may click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send to you.
Notice to European Residents
If you are a resident of the European Union or European Economic Area (together with the United Kingdom and Switzerland for purposes herein, the “EU”), you have certain legal rights with respect to your personal information.
Our legitimate interests in processing your personal information are mainly to provide the Services as described in the disclosures provided above. We may store personal information throughout the period of your relationship with us and retain it for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying legal, accounting, or reporting obligations or to resolve disputes.
Under applicable data protection and privacy laws, you have the right to make certain requests concerning your personal data, such as:
Know what personal information we hold about you or obtain a copy of it;
Correct your personal information;
Have us delete your personal information;
Have us restrict our use of your personal information; or
Withdraw any consent you previously provided.
Note that these rights may be subject to certain scope and limits under the law. If you have any concerns with how your information is being used or would like to submit any such requests, you can contact us at privacy@BestinFocus.com or as directed below. If you believe that we have violated any rights, we encourage you to contact us first so that we can try to resolve the issue. However, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with an applicable data protection authority.
BestinFocus may provide links to third party websites and services for your convenience. BestinFocus does not control, and is not responsible for, how those third parties collect or use your information. You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad servers for more information on their practices as well as for instructions on how to opt-out of certain practices.
Effective Date: January 30, 2022